Thursday, January 7, 2010

Let the countdown begin...

Although 2009 was a wonderous and exciting year, I am definitely happy to be in 2010. Ofcourse nothing will top Michelle being born, 2010 will bring me to a destination that I will be more than happy to cross... April 9th. I am sure most of you are thinking, the one year mark to Michelle's birth? Ofcourse that is important but its the day I stop pumping...

I can tell you for sure that I am going to be packing up the DA** pump up and throwing it in the attic. I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of it and def will throw it gently so that I can use it for next time around (Yea... no time soon) but good riddance until then! Every day is stressful, looking and measuring the ounces, worrying about if I'll be able to wake up at night to pump, or if I am going to have to defrost again. All the while, fighting with a husband who wants me to start supplementing (only because he hates to see me stressing so much) ... But I am pretty hard headed and pretty sure I am taking on undue pressure. I am not against supplementing or formula feeding - its just a goal that I had set for myself and want to reach.

Gone will be nights of waking up at 2 am to pump so that I can make up the difference for the next day for daycare. Gone will be the ugly nursing bras .... just the thought brings a smile to my face...

I have absolutely loved nursing and the extra 1-on-1 time I get with Michelle and have no regrets about my decision... but I guess I never knew the roadblocks that I could/would face.

Its a struggle everyday, so here's hoping that I can go on for 13 more wks...

1 comment:

Worrybook said...

You've done a GREAT job. Pumping is AWFUL. I hate it with a passion.

I am afraid I am going to have to start supplementing soon and I know exactly what you mean by absolutely being terrified of it. I set a goal that she would never get formula and I have 3 bags of frozen milk left and my pumping output is pretty low. I am betting within two weeks she's gonna be on formula (only 1 or 2 bottles a day) but still...it's a blow.

I hope you can make your goal.